Here is a recipe box makeover I did a while ago. I was needing somewhere to put all the recipes I've been collection over the years and when I saw this small wooden file box at a garage sale I made a bee line for it and swooped it up! I'm still loving this thing and when I get tired of using it as a recipe box I'll move it into my craft room to hold somethin else. Is what I'm trying to say here is that it's never leaving my house. I'm in it for the long haul with this baby! =P
Recipe Box Makeover
What you'll need:
- Mod Podge
- About a yard of fabric that makes your heart happy!
- The box you want to make over
- A tool to poke and nudge in any stubborn corners
- Scissors or a rotary knife with a cutting matt
1. Wipe down your box and make sure it's clean and remove any hardware that is be on it. My hardware just had screws to take out. Easy Peasy!
2. If you can cut one long strip of fabric to cover the outside walls then do. It looks a little nicer with less seams. Be sure to cut the strip wide enough to wrap over the front and back edges of the case too.
3. Cut out some pieces for the faces of the drawers.
4. Time to Mod Podge! Put a good amount on the piece your about to cover with the fabric first. It does dry somewhat fast so only do one section at a time.
5. Once you have glued down all your pieces then paint a generous amount of Mod Podge on the outside of your fabric and allow to fully dry.
6. Add your hardware back on and Voila! You got yourself an awesome recipe box to hold all your yummy kitchen secrets!
You can click on the image to see it a little closer.
This bock makes my happy just looking at it. I love the print and I'm happy I found a way for to use this fabric in my kitchen! It's too pretty to get dirty and use as a kitchen towel. Let me know if you try this! I would love to see other variations! =)
I'm partying over here!